Wyatt Brand Hits The Books
We are thrilled to announce today that we have come to an agreement to lead the Austin Public Library Friends Foundation’s two-year advertising and public relations campaign leading up to the 2016 opening of Austin’s “Library for the Future” the New Central Branch, designed by award-winning Lake|Flato Architects and Shepley Bulfinch. The campaign and library will come to fruition in the fall of 2016.
A meeting place for introverts, extroverts, and ideas—Austin’s New Central Branch is one of the most exciting projects to come along in our 8-year history. Our team will draw on every aspect of our experience and services from strategy work and creative campaign development to media planning, public relations, social media, and community engagement. We can’t wait to get started!
The 200,000 square foot, 6-story, green facility on the north shore of Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin is under construction and will boast a 350-seat lecture hall and music venue, a tech center including 3D printers, a 2-story screened in porch, an art gallery, devoted children’s and teen areas, a book store, café, rooftop garden, cooking demonstration area, and more. http://www.
In recent weeks, you may have noticed that we’ve started work on national public relations campaigns for five book releases:
- “The Good Inn” by Josh Frank and Black Francis (HarperCollins): http://www.
- “Surf Texas” by Kenny Braun (University of Texas Press): https://utpress.
- “Falling for Money” by Krisstina Wise (Charles Pinot): http://krisstina.com/
- “Confessions of a Professional Smart-Ass” by John Kelso: http://john-kelso.com
- “Texas Tattoo Project” (seeking a publisher): https://www.